Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family. Every festive season has a certain kind of good food associated to it, and so here is my recipe for this Eid- a simple Indian dessert made of vermicilli Seviyan Kheer.
Milk- 2 litre
Roasted Vermicilli- 1/2 cup
Sugar- as per taste
Almonds- for garnish
Pistachios- for garnish
Rosewater- few drops
How to make-
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottom vessel and let it boil.
- Add vermicilli to the boiled milk and stir the milk and vermicilli until it starts to thicken.
- Add sugar to the mix and let it cool .
- When it cools down, add few drops of rose water.
- Garnish the kheer with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve it hot or chilled- whatever way you like (I personally prefer it chilled).
Make sure to stir the seviyan slow and steady- you don’t want your vermicilli to break or stick to the bottom either.
If you can’t find roasted vermicilli, you can roast it yourself as well. Just take some ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and add your vermicilli to it at medium flame until its color starts to change.