Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
So, summer is here and so is ice cream (Yayy!), and so are the unhealthy unnatural flavors. And since you know my love for clean and natural food, I tried a recipe for ice cream with absolutely natural flavors. All you need is everyone’s all time favorite- mangoes! So what we’re going to do is stuff the mango with home made ice cream and freeze it to get this lovely fruit provide its natural flavor to our ice cream.
For Ice Cream filling
Condensed Milk- 1 can
Whipped Cream- 1 cup
Pistachios (chopped)- 3-4
How to make-
- Take a mango and scoop out the seed husk from it.
- Mix the whipped cream and condensed milk together and add pistachios to it.
- Freeze this mixture for 2-3 hours for setting the ice cream.
- After the mixture has frozen well, scoop out the ice cream and fill it in the mango very carefully.
- Place it in a glass and cover it with the cut-out piece of the mango.Freeze it for 5-6 hours.
- Take the Mango out of the freezer and peel it very carefully.
- Cut it into slices and serve.
Make sure to scoop out the seed husk without making any deep cuts in the mango or scooping out excess pulp else the ice cream won’t stay in place. (We do want the pulp in the ice cream- that alone is going to give flavor to the ice cream.)
Consume it within 1-2 days of freezing.