Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
So, my love for mangoes isn’t going to fade away that easy given that this is the peak season for this amazing fruit. As I tried a beautiful mango ice cream dessert in my last post, here’s another mango attempt with this popular Indian cooler- Aam Panna. Aam Panna is made of raw mango puree and is known for its healthy properties that help beat the fierce heat. And trust me, it’s a really simple recipe.
Raw Mangoes- 2 kg
Jaggery- 1-1/2 kg
Black salt- as per taste
Red chili powder- 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder- 1 tsp
Water- 2 cups
How to make-
- Cut the mangoes roughly after peeling and put them in a pressure cooker
- Add jaggery along with water and cook it for 2-3 whistle blows.
- When the mixture cools down, add 3-4 glasses of hot water and blend it into a puree.
- Add cumin seed powder, red chili powder, black salt and mix well.
- To serve, add 4-5 spoons of this puree, add chilled water and mix well. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Store this concentrate in a refrigerator for better shelf life.