Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
Every time we head to a restaurant serving Indian cuisine, my kid orders this dish no matter how much we try convince him to give something else a shot. So, here’s my effort to bring the restaurant flavors to my kitchen(and draw his attention away from the junkies he has been eating on a roll these days). And it tasted pretty much the same!
Onions(sliced)- 1 cup
Onion paste- 1 cup
Heavy Cream- 100gms
Garlic paste- 2 tsp
Green chilies- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Butter- 4 tsp
Black pepper- 2-3 pinch
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
How to make-
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom pan and add the chopped onions to it.
- Take the onions off the flame once they start turning translucent.
- Add some more butter in the same pan and put the cumin seeds and chopped garlic.
- When it starts changing color, add the onion paste and let it turn golden brown.
- Add green chilies,salt and black pepper to it and put the chopped onions kept aside back in.
- When this gravy starts leaving the sides of the pan, add cream and mushrooms to it. Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the mushrooms soften.
- Garnish it with the herbs of your choice and serve hot.
Turn the flame to low after adding the cream else it starts losing its texture and makes the gravy too greasy.