Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
In this post, I’m going to show you one of my simplest Indian sweets recipe- Laddu. Laddu/ Laddoos are small ball-shaped Indian sweets that can be made with almost any kind of flour and sugar. The one I tried here are made with Roasted Brown Chickpea Flour- which is much healthier than the regular Bengal Gram Flour(Besan).If you can’t find it in any store near you, you can also use the regular Gram flour or make it yourself by grinding unsalted roasted chickpeas (I made it this way).Also, I have used stevia powder to cut down the calorie count from refined sugar. So this version that I have made is really low on calories (of course, there’s ghee but you see it’s in really small amounts!). Here’s how you can make this recipe for your everyday “something sweet cravings”-
Roasted Brown Chickpeas flour (Chana Atta)- 1 cup
Ghee(Clarified butter)- 1 cup
Stevia Powder/Powdered sugar- as per taste
Almonds(chopped)- 2 tsp
Cashew nuts(chopped)- 2 tsp
Raisins- 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds- 1/2 tsp
How to make-
- Heat ghee(clarified butter) in a pan.
- Add gram flour to it and stir it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar/stevia powder and stir this mixture till the sugar mixes well.
- Add all the nuts and sesame seeds to it and turn of the flame.
- Take a small amount of this mix when it starts cooling down and roll into small balls. Garnish with sesame seeds and almond dust and serve.