Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
So last evening, I was really hungry and didn’t feel like having those regular snacks or coffee(I do get bored of the regular food way too soon). And I couldn’t find any special ingredients in the kitchen and had some Black gram lentils soaked for making the dinner- so came up with this lip smacking Bread Chilla. Chilla is actually an Indian snack made with a batter of Split Black Gram and some stuffing. Here’s how you can try my version of it-
Bread- 4 slices
Split Black Gram(Urad Dal)(soaked)- 1 cup
Onions(sliced)- 2-3 tbsp
Capsicum(chopped)- 2-3 tbsp
Green Chili(chopped)- 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes(sliced)- 2-3 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Black Pepper-as per taste
Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Red chili flakes- 2-3pinch
How to make-
- Blend the split black gram in the mixer with some water and make a fine paste. This is going to be our batter base for the chila.Mix all the spices in this paste.
- Heat a non stick tava(flat frying pan) and pour 1/2 tsp of oil on it.Place the bread slice. on the pan.
- Take a spoonful of the batter and spread on the slice and place the vegetables on it. Sprinkle some black pepper on the bread and heat it for 1-2 minutes and flip the bread.
- Take the bread off the pan once it turns golden brown.
- Cut it into smaller pieces and serve.