Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
In this post, I’m going to tell you about a very popular punjabi curry that can be perfect for your lazy afternoon meal. All you need for the base is some buttermilk and gram flour. Further, we’re going to add gram flour fritters to make it more interesting. So here’s how you can make this amazing curry-
Buttermilk- 2 cups
Gram Flour- 1/2 cup
Salt- as per taste
Red Chili powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida- 2-3 pinch
Oil- for frying
How to make-
- Mix 2-3 tsp gram flour in buttermilk to make a batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin, fenugreek and mustard seeds to it.When it starts splattering, add 2-3 tsp onions and potatoes and sauté them.
- Add all the dry spices and fry for 5 minutes.When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the batter to it and stir.
- Bring it to a boil and lower the flame. Add water if required and cook for at least half an hour.The more you cook it, the better the flavor.
- Take the leftover gram flour add chopped onions, potatoes,salt,chili powder,cumin seeds and mix with water to make the consistency thick enough for making the fritters.
- Deep fry it taking a spoonful of this mix.
- Add the pakoras to the curry and serve with steamed rice.