Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
As I’ve always been mentioning in my previous posts about my failed attempts to stick to my diet (maybe it happens to everyone😜), I thought of trying something with oats given all the fuss about it with the fitness freaks. But you know my taste buds! I felt the need to make it taste better so I don’t get bored of it. So tried making a chilla with oats for breakfast. I’ve taken flavored Masala oats for this recipe ( Saffola Veggie Twist Oats to be specific), but you can make it with unflavoured oats as well- you just need to add some veggies and spices of your choice additionally. And it has that oh-so-gooey texture, you’re going to absolutely love it! Here’s the complete recipe-
Oats- 1 cup
Whole wheat flour- 2-3 tbsp
Green chilli(chopped)- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 2-3 pinch
Salt- as per taste
Red chilli flakes -1/4 tsp
Oil- for shallow frying
How to make-
- Mix oats and wheat flour together and add water to it to make the batter.
- Chop the onions and add with all the remaining ingredients to the batter. Add more water if the consistency of the batter is too thin.
- Heat a tava (non- stick pan) on high flame and pour about 1/2 tbsp of oil on it. Take a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly on the pan.
- Add a few drops of oil to the edges of chilla and flip when it starts leaving the sides.
- Drizzle more oil and cook till golden brown from both of sides. Garnish with herbs of your choice and serve.
Liked this recipe? Check out our Bread Chilla recipe here!