Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
Every other post, I mention my daily struggles to convince my little one to eat healthy, try one veggie or the other. Well, here’s a little secret- even I don’t like an exceptionally healthy veggie(okay, I hated it once!). But you know there’s nothing in this world that can’t be turned into something lip-smacking. I used to hate eggplant to the extreme until my mother taught me this recipe- Baingan ka bharta, which is basically roasted and minced eggplant cooked with tomatoes and onions with loads of flavors. Traditionally, this recipe requires roasting the eggplant on coal/chulha thus adding a smokey flavor to it( I,however, have roasted it using my air fryer only). Here’s how you can make this amazing recipe-
Eggplant/Brinjal(Baingan) -1 large sized
Green chilies- 1(chopped)
Salt- to taste
Red chili flakes- 1/2 tbsp
Clarified butter(Ghee)-2 tbsp
Coriander leaves- for garnish
How to make-
- Heat ghee in a pan and add chopped garlic to it.
- When it starts changing color, add onions to it and cook till translucent.
- Now add tomatoes to it with salt, green chili and chili flakes and cook it until the oil starts floating to the top and the sides of the mixture.
- Grease the eggplant with oil.
- Roast it well from all sides on high flame. Dip it in water and peel and mash the eggplant once it cools down.
- Mix the mashed eggplant to the onion-tomato mixture and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve.