Hey everyone, Welcome to foodbymama- a homemaker’s guide for those who love food and cooking and basically everything about it. I try using the simplest ingredients to create finger- licking recipes for my family.
So this time, I’ve brought you all a recipe that you can find undoubtedly at every Indian wedding and in every Indian restaurant menu (yep, I can actually bet on it!). It’s every other Indian’s favorite pick- Shahi Paneer! The most loved Indian vegetarian gravy recipe is sure to win your heart with its smooth silky texture and the added ease to make. Paneer is basically the Indian cottage cheese and when it is cooked in a creamy scrumptious gravy, you get this heavenly burst of flavors in your mouth that you can’t resist. And trust me, it is really very easy to make!
Here’s how you can make this restaurant style dish at home-
Cottage cheese – 250 gms
Onions – 2(large)
Tomatoes – 3(diced)
Cashew nut paste (Kaju) -4-5 tbsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tbsp
Fresh cream-3-4 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
Chili Powder (Degi Mirch) – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chili – 1(chopped)
Star anise – 2
Coriander seeds -1/2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
How to make-
- Heat oil in a pan and add roughly diced onions, tomatoes, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and star anise to it.
- Sauté it for about 5 minutes
- Remove the pan from heat. Transfer this mixture to a grinder and make a fine paste
- Heat oil in another pan and add this paste to it along with salt, chili powder and turmeric. Cook for about 5-7 minutes till the oil starts floating to the sides of the gravy
- Add paneer (cottage cheese) to it and cook till the gravy mixes well with it
- Add cashew paste and cream to it and serve hot.